Well, I finally got back to making my next project after a week of not feeling so well. It is the second project in the book “Love at First Stitch”, called the Margot Pajamas. Everything was going along well, until I made a BIG boo boo.
Yep, that’s a big hole. What happened, you might ask? Well, I was cutting my seam allowances and I wasn’t being careful enough, and the pant leg got caught in my scissor underneath, and, well…you can see what happened.
I was so disappointed. I couldn’t believe that happened! It was my own fault though. I should have been more careful. Oh well, I guess these things do happen. At least it wasn’t very expensive material.
So, despite the big mishap, I thought I would go ahead and finish them just the same. I figured I would like to see how they turned out for future reference.
This project was very easy. I used the size 2 pattern and used a light-weight floral material. I don’t know exactly what type of fabric it is (I really should start asking and keeping track of this in the future.) I believe it is a cotton-polyester mix. I made matching drawstring with the material and I didn’t make any changes to the pattern.
They turned out good. The fit is great and I definitely want to make some more of these; hopefully next time, without cutting them.
After finishing them, I decided not to hem them as I would try to save them and turn them into shorts. So, stay tuned for my next post, as I will be showing you all what I did to save these.