Ok so I may have been a little too ambitious using this material for this top. It is a very soft delicate material, almost silk-like, and I tell you, it wasn’t easy to work with! However, I did manage to get a wearable top out of it.
This project was a tad bit tougher than anything else I have taken on up till now, however, it is a good beginner project. I had to learn how to do darts, insert sleeves, and make and attatch bias tape. It really was a great learning experience.
It turned out ok. There are of course lots of imperfections like crooked stitching and the seam finishing inside looks horrible to me. Of course, now I am wanting a serger real bad, but I have be patient as I can’t get one right now. I figure if I keep up with sewing and get better, then I can splurge a year from now and buy one.
The only alterations or changes I made to this pattern was the adding of the sleeves and also I added more length to it, as I could see when I made my practice one that the shirt was too short for my long torso. I basically added about 3 inches but I also made a bigger hem at the bottom.
Even though it isn’t perfect, I still love it! I love this pattern and the color. I think it looks great with jeans, with skirts, and with a cardigan over it. So it is a very versatile shirt that I am sure I will get a lot of use out of.
Alright, that is all for now.
I won’t be posting much the next week or so as my parents are coming to visit us and I am so excited. This is their first time coming to Ecuador to visit us and I can’t wait and have a bunch of stuff planned. So I may post a couple of past projects but it won’t be much. Bye for now!